View Full Version : Cambridge Blue won't open

02-05-2008, 03:13 PM

I installed the Cambridge Blue menu with the sliding menu extension but I can't get the menus to slide and show the sub-menus either in PHP or Javascript.
My main file contains the following (php):

<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="resources/udm-style.php?config=/var/www/cambridge/style-blue.ini" media="screen, projection" />

in the head section, and:

<!-- PHP generated menu script [must come *before* any other modules or extensions] -->
<script type="text/javascript" src="resources/udm-dom.php?config=/var/www/cambridge/style-blue.ini"></script>

<!-- keyboard navigation module -->
<!-- <script type="text/javascript" src="resources/udm-mod-keyboard.js"></script> -->

<!-- sliding menus extension -->
<script type="text/javascript" src="resources/udm-x-sliding.js"></script>

In the body section (I have renamed my resources folder)

I changed the variable $cmatch to style-blue.ini in udm-dom.php and udm-style.php and back to no avail.

The menus appear blue and at the right position but no small arrows and nothing opens.

When I add the initial forward slash to the paths (before resources), even the blue menus are lost and the page shows without any CSS.

And I validated the page and no errors.

I have tried the main demo (with udm-custom.ini) on the same server without any changes to its files and it works.

Please help

Thank you in advance


02-06-2008, 04:17 AM
If you're going to rename the folder structure for UDM4, you'll need to find a statement in the udm-custom file that looks something like this:

//path to images folder
um.baseSRC = "/udm-resources/";

and change it to this:

//path to images folder
um.baseSRC = "/resources/";

If that doesn't fix it, put it back the way it was and change your UDM directory structure to match the example code. One of these two things should work for you. If not, post a link to your site so we can have a closer look at the problem.

02-06-2008, 01:44 PM
I did this in style-blue.ini. I didn't imagine we need udm-custom.ini.
Anyway, I changed back the resources folder name to udm-resources and I put syle-blue.ini instead of udm-custom.ini in $config in udm-style.php and udm-dom.php (of course I removed it from the URLs in sytle-blie.php) and now it is working. So I don't know now, if it is the change of the folder name or a wrong path in the links in style-blue.php that was the problem.

Thanks a lot


02-07-2008, 02:01 AM
I'm glad you got it working. :) One thing you might file away for future reference is to change one thing at a time if you want to narrow down the offending bit of code. It's tedious but it works.

02-08-2008, 09:55 AM

I did what you suggested and the problem wasn't the folder name but a wrong path.

Thank again