Ultimate Web Site Drop Down Menu Forum

Ultimate Web Site Drop Down Menu Forum (http://www.udm4.com/forum/index.php)
-   CSS and HTML (http://www.udm4.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   I need Complete CSS tooltip! (http://www.udm4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=874)

ISMAILC 01-22-2008 12:56 PM

I need Complete CSS tooltip!

Hi, I'm in desperate need for help!

I need a CSS tooltip?

I had one going that i got off the net, worked fine until the page does an autopost back - one has to refresh the page in order for it to work.
Reason being the tooltip i had was javascript (client side) i need something server side?

Please anything!

Regards

01-23-2008 01:33 AM

Not sure what you mean. There are a few options you could try. First you could use the title tag on an html element

Code:

<a href="somepage.html" title="Go to somepage">Some where</a>
Or you could try to do an onmouseover and onmouseout event to open / close a div.

ISMAILC 01-23-2008 06:55 AM

Thank You - i'm kind of in a mess!

Hi, i had a javascript tooltip which was in an xskt file that loaded a aspx page.
so it works the first time, but when i user selects autopost which is a script in the aspx file the tooltip is lost.

I was thinking of adding it to the aspx file - which i was just informed if i change the file (all other processes are using it) other will be affected

The tooltip is javascript which is client side & aspx file the reloads scripts is server side.

So i don't really know what to do!

Maybe a javascript that executes in a vbscript to realod current page only once automatically!

Regards

01-24-2008 02:41 AM

Sounds like what you have is a "modal overlay". You might want to google some tips on how those work. I don't have much experience with them myself, but I do know that if you have a lot of events triggered on page load, they can get tricky to implement.

ISMAILC 01-24-2008 06:39 AM

Thank You - I found a complete CSS tooltip,

Thank You- i was so lost.

I found a complete CSS tooltip, so i do not need to just refresh the page first when user enter & my clientside tooltip would not work once user autopsost - so i was trying to just make it work the first time.

Lucky, Lucky Me - I found A Complete CSS Tooltip that i used in my xslt file

Thank you all for your help & kindness, I'm gratefull and really appreciate it.
Thank You!!!

[code]

<div id="hoverText" class="main" style="background: url(../../images/template/glass/c.png); padding: 5px; position: absolute; display: none"></div>

<script type="text/javascript">
var hoverText = document.getElementById('hoverText');
function showHover(txt, e){
if(document.all){
xpos = event.clientX + document.body.scrollLeft;
ypos = event.clientY + document.body.scrollTop;
}
else{
xpos = e.pageX;
ypos = e.pageY;
}

hoverText.innerHTML = txt;
hoverText.style.left = xpos + 'px';
hoverText.style.top = ypos + 14 + 'px';
hoverText.style.display = "block";
}
function hideHover(){
hoverText.innerHTML = "";
hoverText.style.display = "none";
}
</script>

<xsl:element name="asp:image">
<xsl:attribute name='id'>ttip_<xsl:value-of select='@name' /></xsl:attribute>
<xsl:attribute name='runat'>server</xsl:attribute>
<xsl:attribute name='imageurl'>images/help.jpg</xsl:attribute>
<xsl:attribute name='onmousemove'>showHover('<xsl:value-of select="Tooltip" />', event)</xsl:attribute>
<xsl:attribute name='onmouseout'>hideHover()</xsl:attribute>
<xsl:attribute name='class'>main</xsl:attribute>
</xsl:element>

Thank You Very Much for your time & kindness!!!

Regards

07-02-2008 07:22 AM

Hello
If you need a really simple and basic Crossbrowser Tooltip on your website, you can try Easy Tool Tip from .kollermedia.at/archive/2008/03/24/easy-css-tooltip/ site,You can also visit Wikipedia site