Unread 09-07-2007, 02:49 AM
Default Search Engine Adding

How do I add my blog to search engines? I cannot find a link on google.com, msn.com, and didn't waste my time on yahoo. Any help is much appreciated!
Unread 09-07-2007, 03:13 AM

I personally would not look for an 'Add Url' on google or msn... I would recommend posting your blog URL on blog directories, on your own web site, friends web sites, myspace, etc... you'll be better off in the long run because the search engines will find you organically and you will have started to build a nice little linking strategy for yourself.
Unread 09-08-2007, 03:13 PM

Good post, but I was wondering what I can do to get listed quickly. The reason I ask is because I have a client (several actually) that's developing a brand new site, and they want to get as much exposure as possible.

I've looked at a few online places that submit to 100's of search engines for around $100, this seems to be reasonable, but I was wondering how effective it is?

I'm also looking at google adsense stuff, but from what I hear, that can get really expensive, really quickly.

Any help on where to start with a new site, and get them listed quickly would be great.

Thanks.
Unread 09-09-2007, 05:08 AM

To kebtek's problem first, there are numerous search engines/directories you can submit to for free. They will probably be just as effective. Google adsense can only add up in a good way for you. Google adwords is what you are talking about I think.

So what you're saying is if I just get enough traffic and backlinks to my site google and msn will add it as it gets better?
Unread 09-10-2007, 03:51 PM

kebtek, I don't personally use those $100 services, but I have some developer friends that do and I've never heard any complaints. If you have a budget you can get listed in Yahoo's directory and some other industry specific directories within days. That is not going to help you with ranking though.

If you need to get listed quick and ranked well, you should consider adwords. Adwords can be very cost effective if done properly. First you can set your own daily budget. If you have $10 per day to spend, that's all you will spend. The trick is getting enough traffic or clicks for that $10 per day.

Try doing some keyword research for your client. I personally use keyworddiscovery and wordtracker, but they do cost money to use. You can do keyword research for free using google's keyword tool.

https://adwords.google.com/select/KeywordToolExternal

Search for single words first and look for potential keyword phrases your client's demographic could be searching for.

Target phrases that have a higher search volume vs competitors.

See how much it is going to cost you to get in the top 5. Drop out the keywords that are expensive assuming you are on a budget.

Target the inexpensive keywords that will give you the most traffic and good ad positioning.

This can work very nicely for you and will keep your budget it check.

Last edited by brianj : 09-10-2007 at 03:55 PM.
Unread 09-11-2007, 01:49 AM

Another would be to buy keywords, how does that work? The process of buying keywords from like microsoft and ect. What exactly does that do?
Unread 09-11-2007, 01:53 AM

am0463, not sure what you mean by buying keywords besides from a PPC program like adwords...
Unread 02-24-2008, 08:00 PM
Default Search Engine Optimization Link Inclusion

Quote:
Originally Posted by am0463 View Post
How do I add my blog to search engines? I cannot find a link on google.com, msn.com, and didn't waste my time on yahoo. Any help is much appreciated!
Most of the website owners ask this question regarding inclusing within google and yahoo.

However the truth is that, you dont necessarily need to submit your website to search engines. All different websites like web directories ( free/paid), blogs, forums and several other website are regularly crawled by both Google and Yahoo.

If you submit your website to these directories, search engines will automatically pick up your url.
Unread 04-22-2008, 03:23 AM
Default Search Engine Submit

Quote:
Originally Posted by am0463 View Post

Here are the links to submit your site or blog:

Goo gle:
http://www.google.com/addurl/?continue=/addurl

Yahoo:
https://siteexplorer.search.yahoo.com/submit

MSN Live:
http://search.live.com/docs/submit.aspx

Good luck!
Unread 06-26-2008, 03:23 AM

Hi,
anyone informed to me, the best way adding Search Engine.

Last edited by tayyab : 03-18-2014 at 06:10 AM.