Unread 09-18-2007, 01:22 PM
Default Using Flash for banner ads

Ok, So, I'm probably like most people in the fact that I usually don't click on banner ads on web sites. But today, I was browsing a site that actually had an ad of something I was interested in.

Now, I'm not the type to go out and upgrade my flash player every time a new version comes out because 1) it seems like there's a new version every other month and 2) I really don't like flash that much to begin with.

So here I am running flash player version 7 (I think) and this banner comes up on some computer equipment for a decent price. Was it real? I have no idea. BUT I do know that when I clicked on it, nothing happened. I tried about 5 times. Looked at the source code to see if there was anyway I could determine the url to go to, there was none.

I can appreciate using flash on a web site that wants to seemlessly integrate video, graphics, etc (even though I am appauled at the fact that most of these sites don't even make a small effort towards accessibility). BUT!!! Why oh why would you PAY for advertising that someone can't click on? I would think, especially with an advertising dollar, you would make every effort to be backwords compatible with any ad you place. And to top it off, their banner had no mention of the company name, url or any other method to contact them.

I guess I'm just going to have to miss out on the deal, and that company, Acme Inc for all I know, just lost a solid lead for a sale.
Unread 04-24-2008, 04:52 PM
Default BannerMakerSite

I have found a very good free flahs banner editor website, where You are able to edit flash banners using also Your own pictures. I was so surprised when I experienced how easy it is to handle. There is an excellent help function here, but I didn’t even need to use it, I just had a look at it.

So this site is: www.bannermakersite.com

Just look it!