Unread 09-19-2007, 02:19 PM
Default Safari on the Mac - buggy onclick functions

Hey there. We LOVE this menu. We are implementing it across site and haven't had ANY problems with it at all until someone drew our attention to the fact that the onclick action is a little buggy in Safari on the Mac. What happens is that it sometimes takes a double-click to expand the drop-down menu but after that first double-click it USUALLY works with a single click but since you double-clicked once, you keep double-clicking and sometimes that means it expands and contracts again. Its just not a perfect user experience. However, less 7% of our users are mac/Safari users and it works fine in Safari 3 Beta on Windows so we can live with it. But still, I'd like to fix it if I can.

Link: http://www.clarku.edu/departments/biology/

If anyone can offer any guidance, we'd be grateful. Thanks very much.
Unread 09-20-2007, 01:58 AM

Which version of safari are you using? I know there are some issues with safari 3 beta that we're working through, but I'm not aware of any issues with earlier versions of safari.
Unread 09-21-2007, 02:32 PM
Default Thanks for getting back to me.

Hey there,

I know, oddly its working great on the beta for windows version. Its on the Mac, Safari version 2.0.4 that's a little quirky clicking action. Maybe there's some setting that I've got wrong.

Thanks. Tracy
Unread 09-22-2007, 12:59 PM
alexmay
Default Just verified

I gave this a try on my MacBook Pro. Firefox works with a single click. Safari requires a double click and then seems to get confused about whether it wants another double click or just a single click to continue.

I'm using the following:

Mac OS 10.4.10
Safari 2.0.4
Firefox 2.0.0.7