Unread 03-10-2008, 02:15 PM
Default Horizontal menu overlapping any other links

Hey everyone, I tried avoiding posting on the forum as much as possible but I've went through the manual and tried all kinds of things and I'm having trouble getting this working.

I have a huge absolute positioned dropdown that only has 3 images as the navbar. I've tried setting id's with width to the li's and anchor links and images, have tried playing with the z-index in the configuration file and the items that are being overlapped, and surrounding the whole dropdown with a width limiting div, but my problem persists. The default 100% width of the navbar is what I think is causing it. The navbar overlaps any other links that are in the same location in height anywhere on the page, so that links or searchbars etc. are not clickable. Is there anything else I can try to change this?
Unread 03-11-2008, 02:15 AM

Don't be afraid to post a question like this. We don't bite. When your best efforts don't get you what you'd like to see, that's what we're here for.

Post your code, or else a link to your web page so we can take a look at what you've got. It's a little difficult to help you without that.
Unread 03-11-2008, 12:28 PM

Thanks for the response. http://dev.ecstuning.com is the website that I am developing. You can see for example if you try clicking on the search box before the menus load it works fine.

Here is the udm-custom.ini configuration file code that I am using:
http://dev.ecstuning.com/udm-resources/udm-custom.ini
Unread 03-14-2008, 04:28 PM

Anybody have any ideas on this one?
Unread 03-15-2008, 02:09 PM

I took a look at your site a few days ago but wasn't able to observe what you said was happening. I thought perhaps it was because I had high speed internet and couldn't click on the search box before the page was loaded. Today when I look at your site, I notice that I can't click on the search box at all.

Could you post a screen shot of the problem you're seeing? That might help us figure out what's going on.
Unread 03-18-2008, 12:09 PM

Ahhh, nevermind, I just figured it out! Thanks everyone who tried helping. I used a plugin called Firebug (which I just recently got and it is absolutely amazing, should be in any web developers arsenal) and found out there was a line in udm-dom.php 'um.tr.style.width' that was setting the width to 100% no matter what I changed in the .ini file. Set that to a fixed width in pixels and that solved my problem.