Unread 08-13-2008, 12:50 AM
Default Two Menus means two ID's!

Hi...

I was just looking over the instructions, and I notice this:

You can use any valid attributes on the list elements without restriction, except that the root <ul> must have both the id and class name of "udm".

But, I was planning on using these drop down scripts on two menus - one at the top of the page, and one at the bottom (with the wonderful 'drop up' feature). The problem is that you arn't supposed to have two elements with the same ID on the same page. ( if you don't know why, find out here: http://www.tizag.com/cssT/cssid.php)

So, do I REALLY have to make the ID udm, or is there a way around this? Or maybe the script only works for one menu at a time?

Thanks!
Unread 08-13-2008, 01:08 AM

Have you read this faq? It discusses how you can put two UDM menus on one page.
Unread 08-15-2008, 04:58 PM

I must have missed it - Thanks for pointing it out.
Unread 09-02-2008, 10:52 PM
Default Still can't figure it out

Hi... Thanks for pointing out that I can use pop ups in addition to the plain old UDM menu... the problem is that I can't figure out how to make it work. I looked at the example for popup menus, but that example doesn't have two menus operating simultaneously.

I saw the instructions to use "Independent List-Based Navigation Bars" (here)

But, I am having trouble grasping what you mean. Is there anyone who has a working example of two separate menus on one page that I could look at? I am a web designer, and I know how to write css and use classes, but I am not understanding - do you have two lists, or one list with different classes? Do you need to use the the udm-style.php file AND the popup-relative.ini style, or do you combine them?

If I could just look at a working example that has two menus, one based on the UDM class, and one based on the popups, I think I could figure it out.

Thanks in advance!
Unread 11-03-2008, 10:11 AM
levelup

Thanks for all your post, I have the same problem and now it has been sorted!
Unread 12-17-2008, 09:20 AM
Anamika1
Thumbs up Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by negs View Post
Hi...

I was just looking over the instructions, and I notice this:

You can use any valid attributes on the list elements without restriction, except that the root <ul> must have both the id and class name of "udm".

But, I was planning on using these drop down scripts on two menus - one at the top of the page, and one at the bottom (with the wonderful 'drop up' feature). The problem is that you arn't supposed to have two elements with the same ID on the same page. ( if you don't know why, find out here: http://www.tizag.com/cssT/cssid.php)

So, do I REALLY have to make the ID udm, or is there a way around this? Or maybe the script only works for one menu at a time?

Thanks!
Hello,
I saw your given URL there is some problem . The problem is in your script so work on that. I'm sure after that your site will be alright.

Thanks