Go Back   Ultimate Web Site Drop Down Menu Forum > News and Information > General Web Trends and News
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Unread 06-06-2012, 07:41 PM
sl4shd0t
Default More Court Trouble For Oracle: Now HP Is Suing Them

</img>
</img>
New submitter another random user writes "Oracle violated its contract with Hewlett-Packard (HP) after it decided that future versions of its database software would not support a line of HP servers, HP's lawyer has said in court."The issue at hand: Oracle agreed to support Itanium, and has since pulled support. "... Hewlett-Packard estimates it should be awarded more than $4 billion in damages, based on an extrapolation to 2020 that accounts for projected losses, said the person, who didn&rsquo;t want to be identified because the court document containing the damages request is confidential." Oracle is using the Itanic defense: "In cross-examination today, Oracle attorney Dan Wall asked Livermore [HP board member] if she had heard Itanium called 'Itanic,' a reference to the 'Titanic' oceanliner sinking. 'I've heard lots of terms,' Livermore said. 'I understand the reference they are making and I don&rsquo;t like it. It is not done by anyone I like or respect.'"

Read more of this story at Slashdot.

More...