Unread 09-05-2008, 02:06 PM
Admin
Default How to install a demo menu

One of the top support requests we get here at UDM4 is how to install one of the demo menus.

In the coming months, we're going to be updating the demo pages to better explain this process. In the meantime, I'd like to offer this short explanation that applies to most of the demo menus.

Downloading the menu
First you'll need to select which demo you want. For this example, I'm going to use "Cambridge Blue" which is available here:
http://www.udm4.com/demos/style-blue.php

On most of the demo pages, you will see links to files that you will need to download. Any all of these links should be downloaded to your udm-resources folder. Or the folder where your resources are located if you changed the default installation.

Changing udm-custom
In your HTML for the page (or the appropriate include if you're using JSP, PHP, ASP etc) you typically have a "udm-custom.js" or "udm-custom.ini" file call. In the standard installation this is usually in the head of the HTML like this...

Code:
<script type="text/javascript" src="/udm4/udm-resources/udm-custom.js"></script>
You will need to replace "udm-custom.js" with the .js file from the demo page (in the case of Cambridge Blue, this would be "style-blue.js".

In addition, you may have a few custom configuration options available. or additional installation, such as with the you are here extension (http://www.udm4.com/menu/modules/youarehere/).

I hope this helps you with your UDM menu. Please feel free to post replies / questions.

Admin
Unread 09-10-2008, 01:17 PM
samflutch
Default How to install a demo menu?

Our installation files are in zip file. The zip file that you download should first be unzipped (uncompressed ) on your desktop PC by using an unzipping program such as Winzip. Winzip can be downloaded from www.winzip.com Unzipping the file will give you the automated installation files. Just follow the instructions in the Readme file, which is one of the files extracted.
----------------------------
Samflutch
buzz marketing
Unread 01-13-2009, 09:45 AM

Thanks for sharing it with me or us admin and samflutch.I think its useful for someone...have a nice day..