Unread 10-01-2007, 08:02 PM

Yeah, that post reply button might be a good start. Can you post something on how to make a button like that?
Unread 10-23-2007, 12:46 AM

Hey, just wondering if anyones going to reply? Also, I've got a student copy of photoshop, does that make a difference if I use that or if I use a "real" version?

Anyway, a good tutorial would be helpful. Thanks.
Unread 10-24-2007, 04:29 PM

Sorry for the delay. I jumped the gun on that button It's pretty advanced and probably not a good example to start with. I will find another example and put a tutorial together for that this week!
Unread 11-07-2007, 01:36 AM
Default Photoshop button tutorial

Sorry this took so long...

Create a new document in Photoshop. Add a new layer and using your Shape tool(Rounded Rectangle Tool) create a shape like this... The edges are set at 16 px to create the rounded sides.

Add a new layer and create a rectangle in the same color and overlap the bottom of the shape above.

Next click on the first layer and then shift-click the second shape layer. Both layers should be highlighted blue. Now right-click and select Merge Layers. Now you've got a nice button shape.

Now you need to apply the bubble look by using a Layer Style. Double click on the button layer in your layers window. The layer style box will pop-up. Click on Bevel and Emboss. I adjusted the depth, size and soften until I got the bubble look I preferred.

Now create a text layer and add your text. Double click on the layer in the layers window again and apply the Stroke style. I used 50% opacity and a 1 px stroke. I then used the same Stroke style on the button to give the button a nice finished look.

Voila!! A simple to do button that looks professional.