Unread 09-10-2008, 01:23 PM
purpleski purpleski is offline
Junior Member
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 6
  #1  
Default Not working in Chrome

In Chrome my installation of the menu is not working on my web site at www.purpleski.com but I can not figure out why.

It works fine in IE7, FF3, Opera, Safari and the markup validates etc.

Can anybody be of any help?

Thank you.
Reply With Quote
Unread 09-10-2008, 02:12 PM
Admin
Posts: n/a
  #2  
Default

We are currently evaluating UDM4 in the context of Chrome. Chrome is still a beta release, so we aren't officially supporting it at this point, but there do seem to be several problems with its javascript engine that will need to be addressed in the UDM4 code base.

So far, this seems to be limited to horizontal menus, but we are looking into the issue. If you haven't already, please subscribe to the newsletter for the latest updates.
Reply With Quote
Unread 09-10-2008, 02:46 PM
RJanicek
Posts: n/a
  #3  
Default Where can I subscribe to the newsletter?

Where can I subscribe to the newsletter?
Reply With Quote
Unread 09-10-2008, 05:24 PM
purpleski purpleski is offline
Junior Member
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 6
  #4  
Default

The demo at http://www.udm4.com/demos/style-officexp.php works fine in Chrome so could it be my implementation of the menu?

Where can I subscribe to the newsletter?

Thank you
Reply With Quote
Unread 09-10-2008, 07:28 PM
Admin
Posts: n/a
  #5  
Default

Sorry about that, forgot to post a link to the newsletter signup.

http://www.udm4.com/contact/newsletter/

Admin
Reply With Quote
Unread 09-12-2008, 10:22 AM
ThatAdamGuy ThatAdamGuy is offline
Junior Member
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 2
  #6  
Default

Hi Admin,

This Chrome Bugs page may be of interest:
http://code.google.com/p/chromium/issues/detail?id=2081

The relevant part:
Quote:
The problem is the site tests navigator.vendor for "Apple Computer, Inc."
Chrome now gives "Google Inc."

I recommend modifying the site code to instead test for WebKit in the user agent
string (which is the rendering engine used in both safari and chromium:

var isWebKit = /AppleWebKit/.test(navigator.userAgent);



The specific problem codepath goes like:

****************************
** 1. [udm-contro.js]
****************************
um.s=(navigator.vendor=='Apple Computer, Inc.')

// In chromium, um.s = false, in safari um.s = true

****************************
** 2. [udm-control.js]
****************************
um.ss=(um.cns&&typeof um.m.styleSheets!=um.un&&!(um.s||um.k||um.mx))

// In chromium, um.ss = true, in safari um.ss = false

****************************
** 3. [udm-style.js]
****************************

if(um.ss||um.o73){um.at={'type':'text/css','media':'screen,projection'};um.stn=um.cre
ateElement('html:style',um.at);document.getElement sByTagName('head')[0].appendChild(u
m.stn);

// um.073=0. In chromium um.ss=true so this if block is entered. Whereas in safari
um.ss=false so the block is not entered. The block does some webkit unsupported style
operations which throw DOM exception in both chromium and safari.
Hope this helps you patch stuff up :-)
Reply With Quote
Unread 09-19-2008, 03:34 AM
ThatAdamGuy ThatAdamGuy is offline
Junior Member
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 2
  #7  
Default Fixed!

A friend of mine, Vinny sent me a patched up file. Seems to do the trick!

You're welcome to it here:
http://www.lasnik.net/temp/chrome-up...dm-control.zip, though of course all the usual yadda yadda applies (this is NOT an official fix, use at your own risk, etc.).
Reply With Quote
Unread 09-27-2008, 03:06 PM
BRM Media
Posts: n/a
  #8  
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatAdamGuy View Post
A friend of mine, Vinny sent me a patched up file. Seems to do the trick!

You're welcome to it here:
http://www.lasnik.net/temp/chrome-up...dm-control.zip, though of course all the usual yadda yadda applies (this is NOT an official fix, use at your own risk, etc.).
I installed the 'patch' and it fixed the problem I was having in Chrome. I use a horizontal menu system (www.bigredmaple.com).

I'm still having issues with the new IE 8 beta.

Thanks

Joe
Reply With Quote
Unread 10-06-2008, 10:29 PM
nziyad nziyad is offline
Junior Member
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 1
  #9  
Default relative orientation not working

I have found that the "relative" in um.orientation breaks in chrome (udm-custom.js). It was also the setting on bigredapple.com and purpleski.com.


I was not able to download the patch to try it on:

http://www.united.com/page/middlepag...3,1009,00.html

If ThatAdamGuy or someone could post it again I would appreciate it.

Thank you



I changed
udm-control.js
************************************
um.s=(navigator.vendor=='Apple Computer, Inc.')
************************************
TO
************************************
var isWebKit = /AppleWebKit/.test(navigator.userAgent);

um.s=(isWebKit); // 'Google Inc.' or 'Apple Computer, Inc.
************************************


This seems to work well.

Nigel

Last edited by nziyad : 11-07-2008 at 07:08 PM. Reason: New information to add
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 11:20 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.0.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.